Reservations & Policies
As of April, 2020 the travel industry changed with Covid-19. We encourage you to purchase trip insurance in this time of uncertainty as another way to cover yourself as a traveler if you want additional coverage outside of our cancellation policies. If this is something you are interested in, simply follow this link - https://www.squaremouth.com/ - and choose “start a new search”, you can enter in your trip details and find the best policy to suit your needs.
Per our cancellation policy, refunds for communicable diseases or viruses are only offered if there is a full travel ban in place. We encourage you to purchase trip insurance through our third-party vendor to cover your trip for ANY REASON you need to cancel – https://www.squaremouth.com/ - please call our office for more information.
Reservations can be made online by clicking here, you will be taken to a secure page where you can search the availability of our cabins and reserve your vacation today!
Check out the Rates & Booking section for additional pricing and discount details.
There is an automated gate at the entrance of the property and a gate code is generated for each individual accepted reservation. You will receive this code in your PRE-ARRIVAL LETTERS emailed to you 60 and 3 days before your check in date. There is no cell service until you enter your cabin and connect to WiFi calling and no one on site to open the gate for you. It is important you remember your code prior to departing your home.
Rental Policy is 100% of reservation total due at time of booking.
Only one discount can be applied to a reservation.
30 days 100% minus a $100 cancellation fee, 15-30 50%, 15 days no refund. The service fee is non refundable. Firewood is non refundable for any reason, including but not limited to weather related or non use.
3:00 p.m. or later on the first day of arrival. Your cabin will be ready for you when you arrive. No check in necessary.
No refunds will be made in the event a person is required to vacate the premises because of disruptive conduct or failure to follow our rental guidelines and policies. Rates are based on 2 person occupancy. Additional adults are $20 per night and children under 17 are free. Please limit the number of guests to the maximum occupancy of the cabin and to the number of guests included in your reservation.
There is absolutely no smoking permitted in the cabin. Violating this policy may result in a minimum of $100.00 cleaning charge. Ashtrays are provided on the porch/deck.
Only registered guests included on the reservation are permitted on our property. If the guest brings unregistered guests onto the property overnight, everyone will be required to leave immediately with NO refund. We do not charge a daily rate for your visitors like many other cabin rentals and out of respect for our other guests and neighbors, please ensure all guests depart for the night by 10:00 pm. A strict limit of up to two non overnight guests permitted. Email us ahead of check-in if you plan to have visitors, the dates, and how many. Unauthorized guests on the property after 10:00 pm will result in their immediate departure and may result in your immediate checkout and departure. If there is excessive noise, disturbing our guests and/or neighbors, you will be warned once and if it continues, you will be required to immediately checkout and depart. No refund will be given. We do not allow parties unless pre-approved by us ahead of check-in.
If there is excessive noise, as determined by the owners, disturbing the other guests and\or neighbors, you will be warned once and if it continues, will result in immediate checkout of all guests with no refund.
PETS ARE PERMITTED
Any guest bringing a dog must email us the number of dogs, weight, and breed before check-in. Any person who brings a pet without emailing us ahead of time and agreeing to the pet policy at the time of the reservation, will be required to leave the property immediately with no refund.
All of our accommodations are pet friendly. Please be sure to include your pets in your reservation request under optional add-ons.
All accommodations are dog friendly. Due to our insurance policy restrictions, Pitbull breeds are not permitted. Lazy Den limit of two (2) dogs.
Glory days and Cuddles - only 1 dog up to 50 lbs permitted.
Kick Back Ridge Dog Policies
- Your dog(s) must be 100% housebroken.
- Your dog(s) must be under control at all times.
- If you leave and do not take your dog(s) with you, they must be secured in a crate during your absence.
- You agree to report any damage(s) caused by your dog(s) immediately. If damages are not reported and found by the Owner or cleaning company, it will be documented and necessary replacement or repair costs will be charged to the guest(s) credit card on file.
- Your dog(s) must have flea and tick prevention, Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellent 3 days prior to check-in. Flea and ticks are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to dogs and humans. All above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. Any fleas or ticks found in the cabin upon checkout will result in a fee to have the cabin treated and you may be charged for the cancellation of the next guest's reservation should the cabin have to remain closed until the problem is resolved.
- Your dog(s) must be up to date on rabies and all other vaccinations. Heartworm prevention is highly recommended.
- 50 lbs. weight limit for any dog(s) staying on the property.
- No dogs are permitted on any furniture, bedding, linens, including but not limited to, all beds and living room furniture. We recommend bringing your own dog bed or pillow for them to rest on the floor. There will be a $100 additional fee if pet hairs are found in the furniture or bedding. A vacuum cleaner is provided in the cabin.
- We provide quality linens for our guests and the towels or linens are not permitted to be used to clean your dog(s). We recommend bringing your own towel to clean your dog(s) after they have been outdoors. Your dog(s) should be cleaned thoroughly before entering the cabin so as not to leave dirty dog prints in the cabin. There is a hose in the back of the cabin under the deck. The shower or bathroom should never be used to wash/clean your dog(s).
- Your dog(s) must be with you at all times and when outdoors they must be on a leash at all times. This includes on the trails.
- We have pictures of coyotes, foxes and bobcats on our trail cameras around the property. Your dog(s) will be their prey if left unattended.
- Do not leave dog food outdoors, this will bring unwanted animals, including but not limited to raccoons.
- Your dog(s) are never to be tied up outdoors when you are not with them outdoors.
- All dog waste must be picked up around the yard and surrounding areas and disposed of in a trash bag and placed in the dumpster at the bottom of the hill, not in the outdoor trash can on the side of the cabin or the trash can inside the cabin. Please do not allow your dog(s) to go to the bathroom on the walking trails.
- You agree to keep your dog(s) from being noisy or aggressive, and from causing any annoyance or discomfort to others. You agree to remedy any complaints immediately. If there is excessive barking, you will be warned once and if the excessive barking continues, you may be asked to checkout. No refunds will be given if you are asked to leave.
- Any damage, including but not limited to, to furniture, wood, floors, doors, trim, window sills, decor etc. will result in an additional charge.
- A copy of this pet policy will be left in the cabin on the table.
- Nature's Calling LLC, Kickbackridge, and/or the Owners are not responsible for your dog.
A 4’x2’ stack split firewood can be delivered to the cabin. The cost is $25 per load, cash only. Non refundable. A minimum of 2 days notice is required for firewood purchase.
An envelope will be placed on the table in your cabin for the money.
Failure to pay cash for reserved firewood will result in a $25 fee plus the cost of the firewood.
FIREARMS, FIREWORKS, DRUGS
Absolutely no firearms, fireworks, illegal drugs, are permitted on the property at anytime. If this policy is violated, you will be required to immediately checkout and depart the property without refund.
All guests are welcome to walk the easy to moderate trails behind our cabins. It is strongly encouraged all hikers get their bearings before heading out to ensure you know how to get back to your cabin. Kickbackridge is not responsible for any injury or illness as a result of our guests utilizing the hiking trails on our property.
We have posted speed limit signs on the property to protect our guests, children, pets and our wildlife. Please respect this by not speeding up and down the hill or driveway. Thank you.
Appliances, hot tubs, fireplace, etc. can malfunction. Kick Back Ridge cannot refund any monies for inconveniences encountered due to malfunctions of amenities where restoration was beyond our control during your stay and reserves the right to sub-contract work to be performed at the earliest date possible. We will react as quickly as possible to restore any amenity, but do not guarantee complete restoration during your stay and will not result in any refund. Loss of electricity, water or any "Act of Nature" is outside our control and will not result in any refund.
Please do not put anything in the hot that isn't there when you arrive, for example glass, bottles, cups, cigarettes, food, etc. If the hot tub has excessive foam or bubbles following use, it is a result of hair products, detergent on bathing suit, lotions, etc. please respect our hot tub by taking a shower, being sure to rinse out hair products and soaps from bathing suits PRIOR to entering the hot tub. Please note if the hot tub needs special service as a result of your negligence, including but not limited to, personal items stuck in the filter, bottles, cups, food, cigarette butts, clothing, etc. you will be charged $100.00 hot tub service call. Call us immediately should the hot tub have any problems.Absolutely no climbing on rails or banisters.
All children under the age of 18 must be supervised/accompanied by an adult while in the Kickback Ridge property at all times.
If you use the fire ring, please do not discard anything in it that is not wood or paper like bottles, cigarette butts or cans. If we have to clean out the fire ring with items that should be thrown in the trash can outside provided we charge a $50.00 clean up fee. Thank you for your consideration.
CHECK OUT PROCEDURES
11:00 a.m. check out. Simply clean up and leave the key on the hook by the door. We are unable to accommodate late check outs. Check-in and check-out times are strictly enforced. All dishes, pots, pans, silverware and kitchen utensils must be washed, dried and put away. The stove/oven should be left in clean condition and the refrigerator should be left cleaned and free of food. All trash needs to be placed in bags and deposited in the large dumpster at the bottom of the hill. The property should be left neat and in order. Put all used kitchen dishcloths, and bath towels in the clothes basket in the bathroom. Please do not put the used sheets, blankets, or comforters in the clothes baskets, just leave them on the bed(s) and we will collect them for cleaning.
We reserve the right to charge your credit card for any damages or excessive cleaning, soiled dishes left in sink, hot tub abuse, cabin content in disarray from your stay. If you notice any problems upon checking in, please let us know right away to avoid any damages being charged to your account.
As proud owners of Kickbackridge, we have a duty to properly maintain common areas, warn of hidden dangers, and make each cabin safe. The registered guest and their guests waives, or agrees not to pursue, any claims against Kickbackridge Cabin Rentals, Nature’s Calling LLC, or the owners, that arise from things that are not due to the owner’s negligence or willful acts.
All guests must be 21 yrs old or older or accompanied by an adult for the duration of the reservation. Failure to comply with this policy will result in immediate departure with no refund. A valid ID required.
Note: We will waive the 21 and over requirement for active duty service members or veterans.I Agree
Dear Guests of Kick Back Ridge,
Regrettably, we will be restricting the area immediately surrounding the pond and fishing in the pond will no longer be permitted. Liability and Risk insurance have become prohibitive in allowing guests on our property to utilize the pond. Hiking and exploring the trails behind the cabins is still permitted and encouraged. Ross Lake is 9 miles away and offers plentiful opportunities for fishing.
Please adhere to the 5 MPH speed limit while on Kick Back Ridge Property. Our son and his wife live on the property in the house immediately after you cross over the bridge, and have pets and small children. Please respect their privacy by limiting your exploration of the property to the designated trails behind the cabins.
Steve and Kerry Wilkinson,
Owners of Kick Back Ridge Cabins.